Using BAQSIMI: The simplicity of nasal administration1
Before BAQSIMI is needed:
- Read the Instructions for Use for BAQSIMI before using it.
- You should make sure you show your caregivers, family and friends where you keep BAQSIMI and explain how to use it by sharing these instructions. They need to know how to use BAQSIMI before an emergency happens.
Important information to know:
- Do not remove the Shrink Wrap or open the Tube until you are ready to use it.
- If the Tube has been opened, BAQSIMI could be exposed to moisture. This could cause BAQSIMI not to work as expected.
- BAQSIMI will work even if you have a cold or are taking cold medicine.
After giving BAQSIMI:
- Call for emergency medical help right away.
- If the person is unconscious, turn the person on their side.
- Throw away the used Device and Tube.
- Encourage the person to eat as soon as possible. When they are able to safely swallow, give the person a fast acting source of sugar, such as juice. Then encourage the person to eat a snack, such as crackers with cheese or peanut butter.
- If the person does not respond after 15 minutes, another dose may be given, if available.
SELECT IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
BAQSIMI is contraindicated in patients with pheochromocytoma because of risk of substantial increase in blood pressure , insulinoma because of risk of hypoglycemia, and known hypersensitivity to glucagon or to any of the excipients in BAQSIMI. Allergic reactions have been reported with glucagon and include anaphylactic shock with breathing difficulties and hypotension.
Glucagon is delivered to the bloodstream via nasal administration
BAQSIMI is absorbed passively through the mucosal membrane of the nose2,3
How all formulations of glucagon work