Designed to be simple in a severe hypoglycemia rescue
- Dry nasal powder form of glucagon
- No inhalation required—absorbed passively in the nose
- Single, fixed, 3 mg dose
- Ready to use with no reconstitution or priming
- Does not need to be refrigerated, store at temperatures up to 86°F (30°C) in the shrink-wrapped tube provided
BAQSIMI can be used for 2 years from the date of manufacture. Instruct patients to check the expiration date on the BAQSIMI tube and carton before use.1,4
BAQSIMI is contraindicated in patients with pheochromocytoma because of risk of substantial increase in blood pressure , insulinoma because of risk of hypoglycemia, and known hypersensitivity to glucagon or to any of the excipients in BAQSIMI. Allergic reactions have been reported with glucagon and include anaphylactic shock with breathing difficulties and hypotension.
In a severe hypoglycemia emergency, BAQSIMI offers:
- Baqsimi. Prescribing Information. Amphastar Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Sherr JL, Ruedy KJ, Foster NC, et al. Glucagon nasal powder: a promising alternative to intramuscular glucagon in youth with type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2016;39(4):555-562.
- Pack BW, Melnick J, Breen C, Allen R. Portability of nasal glucagon for the rescue of severe hypoglycemia: stability and performance evaluation across a broad range of temperatures. Diabetes. 2021; 70(suppl 1).
- Data on File, Amphastar Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Baqsimi. Instructions For Use. Amphastar Pharmaceuticals, Inc.