How to use BAQSIMI
Before BAQSIMI is needed:
- Read the Instructions for Use for BAQSIMI before using it.
- You should make sure you show your caregivers, family and friends where you keep BAQSIMI and explain how to use it by sharing these instructions. They need to know how to use BAQSIMI before an emergency happens.
Important information to know:
- Do not remove the Shrink Wrap or open the Tube until you are ready to use it.
- If the Tube has been opened, BAQSIMI could be exposed to moisture. This could cause BAQSIMI not to work as expected.
- BAQSIMI will work even if you have a cold or are taking cold medicine.
Preparing the dose
Remove the Shrink Wrap by pulling on the red stripe.
Open the Lid and remove the Device from the Tube.
Caution: Do not press the Plunger until ready to give the dose.
Giving the dose
Hold Device between fingers and thumb.
Do not push Plunger yet.
Insert Tip gently into one nostril until finger(s) touch the outside of the nose.
Push Plunger firmly all the way in.
Dose is complete when the Green Line disappears.
After giving BAQSIMI:
- Call for emergency medical help right away.
- If the person is unconscious turn the person on their side.
- Throw away the used Device and Tube.
- Encourage the person to eat as soon as possible. When they are able to safely swallow, give the person a fast acting source of sugar, such as juice. Then encourage the person to eat a snack, such as crackers with cheese or peanut butter.
- If the person does not respond after 15 minutes, another dose may be given, if available.